This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Null stage value in Microsoft.Owin.Host40.IntegrationTests

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I'm trying to run the unit tests in the project Microsoft.Owin.Host40.IntegrationTests (using VS 2013). I noticed that even for the IIS express case, the stage name in the BreadCrumbMiddleware equates to null - is this expected? Since these are integration tests, I was hoping that I could see the stage integration at work as well - is there any way to write unit tests where the IIS stage is set correctly?

Thanks,
Priya
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM
You're talking about IntegratedPipelineTests.cs? They're working fine for me and integratedpipeline.CurrentStage is always populated in BreadCrumbMiddleware.Invoke.

I have noticed that IIS Express behaves differently depending on if the full IIS is installed. Not sure if that would affect this specific test.
Nov 13, 2013 at 4:58 AM
Yup, the pipeline tests. It's interesting that the current stage is populated in your case. When I run the tests, the stage is always empty (for both system.web and httplistener cases).
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM
It should never be set for HttpListener. I tried uninstalling the full IIS, but that didn't affect this scenario.
Nov 14, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Yup, I expected it to be null for HttpListener, but assumed it would be populated for IIS Express. Will try again on another machine to verify. Thanks for your help.