owin with ADFS but no connectivity between them

Jun 5, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Hi,

I got Owin to authenticate users with ADFS 3.0 but in my production environment the web app can't reach ADFS because of various reasons.

How would you configure app.UseWsFederationAuthentication() for that scenario? One way of doing it is to save the metadata file local to the web app so it can access it.

Any other way?
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2014 at 6:59 PM
If you check the latest nightly bits you can do any of the following on the options class:
  • Set the MetadataAddress, we'll download it for you. This requires connectivity.
  • Set the Configuration directly. This is normally the result of what we extract from the metadata.
  • Set the ConfigurationManager with a new ConfigurationManager(filePath) and we'll retrieve the metadata from your saved file.
Jun 5, 2014 at 9:19 PM
I can't see any ConfigurationManager class or property in the project. How do you set the config manager?
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Are you using the latest bits from the nightly feed? If you're looking at the source look in the dev branch.

WsFederationAuthenticationOptions.ConfigurationManager is a Microsoft.IdentityModel.Protocols.IConfigurationManager.
Jun 6, 2014 at 6:54 AM
when are you going to release it to the nuget server?
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Beta2 will be in a week or two. The final release will be several more weeks.